Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This roasted red pepper hummus is a fresh take on classic hummus. It is rich in antioxidants and will add a burst of color to your table.
I love it with fresh veggies as a snack, or added to a bowl of greens for a quick and easy lunch. It also makes a perfect party appetizer.
Once you’ve roasted the bell peppers, this recipe comes together in just minutes.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add garlic cloves to food processor and pulse until minced.
- Add chickpeas, roasted red bell peppers, tahini, lemon juice, coconut aminos, paprika, cumin, turmeric and sea salt and pulse until mixture just comes together.
- With the processor running, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil until well incorporated and desired texture is reached.
- Taste and season with additional seasonings if desired.
Looks amazing, Holly! Love that it seems pretty easy to make, and am sure it tastes a million times better than store-bought. Thanks for the great idea!
Thanks, Amy! It’s been a huge hit at my house … hope the same is true at yours!