Our Favorite Taco Salad
This is by far our favorite taco salad, and it is a staple in our house. It’s on the menu almost every week, and it’s my most requested recipe. I think the fact that it’s taken me so long to share it with you is because it seems so simple. But maybe that is what makes it so special.
This salad tastes amazing on the first night. There is just something about adding warm quinoa and beans to a bed of fresh greens … it’s simply delicious. But don’t stop there. This salad is also fantastic the next day, and the day after.
I often advise my clients that they should aim to “cook for a day, and eat for two.”
This recipe accomplishes just that. You can serve it again for dinner later in the week, and it packs easily in lunches the next day.
Give it a try. I hope you love our taco salad as much as we do.
- Organic romaine, roughly chopped
- Spanish Quinoa
- Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Grilled chicken or ground beef (optional)
- Chopped cilantro
- Greek Yogurt (or sour cream if you prefer)
- Tortilla chips (in a pinch, we also love Late July Organic Sea Salt by the SeaShore Multigrain Tortilla Chips)
- The beauty of this recipe is that you can customize each salad individually – no exact portions here, just fresh, delicious ingredients, layered to satisfy! Just arrange the ingredients on your kitchen island or table, and let everyone build a salad of their own.
- Place romaine in bowl, then layer remaining ingredients on top.