I love creating healthy snacks that are quick and easy to prepare and packed with nutrition. These date wraps cover all the bases.
Dates are an excellent source of quick energy and are easily digestible.
Walnuts are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, copper and manganese. Pecans are a great source of fiber, manganese, thiamin and magnesium. Regardless of which you choose, you’re adding a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Date wraps can easily be prepared in advance and are super convenient to pack in lunch boxes or to send with your child as a quick snack before a practice or game.
And the best part? You can prepare them in many different ways, which keeps them fun.
We love date wraps. I hope your family does too!
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 walnuts or pecans
- or 1-2 teaspoons raw almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free option)
- Raw cacao nibs (optional)
- Cut the date in half and remove the pit (cut date into quarters for younger kids)
- Place a walnut or pecan inside each date (break nut into smaller pieces if needed)
- Wrap the date around the nut, into the shape of a ball
- For a creamy option, spread 1-2 teaspoons of organic nut or seed butter on each of the date halves instead
- Craving chocolate? Sprinkle a few raw cacao nibs on top!