White Bean and Kale Dip
I have to admit, this white bean and kale dip happened out of desperation.
My 11-year-old loves to pack hummus in his lunch. I intended to soak chickpeas last night and cook them today in my slow cooker so he could take hummus in his lunch tomorrow. But I forgot, and was forced to improvise.
I found a can of cannellini beans in my pantry, and some kale that was intended to become kale chips. I decided to throw them together in my food processor. And would you believe? Minutes later I had a deliciously creamy, highly nutritious dip.
Which instantly became a family favorite.
Simple and easy … less than 10 minutes from start to finish. It doesn’t get much better than that.
I hope you enjoy this white bean and kale dip as much as we do.
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans (or 1 15 ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup firmly packed kale, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place cannellini beans, kale, garlic, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice in food processor and pulse until kale is coarsely chopped.
- Switch food processor to "on" and slowly add extra virgin olive oil.
- Process until mixture is creamy.