How to Roast Bell Peppers
Roasted bell peppers are tender, smoky and delicious. They add flavor and texture to a variety of dishes and sauces, and couldn’t be easier to prepare in the oven. You can also roast them on the grill or on the stovetop if you’d like. I especially love them in my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Bell Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the whole peppers on the baking sheet on their sides and place in oven for 40 minutes, turning twice. Peppers should be wrinkled, charred and slightly collapsed when finished.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Let stand for 20-30 minutes until peppers are completely cooled.
- Slice peppers in half and remove stem and seeds. Turn peppers over and remove skin.
- Roughly chop into large chunks or strips.