Quick and Easy Zucchini Noodles with Lentil Marinara
I love making my own marinara sauce. There’s just something about the combination of fresh ingredients and the way the kitchen smells as the sauce simmers on the stove that gets me every time.
But let’s face it.
Sometimes, despite our best intentions, life happens and there is simply no time for all that chopping and simmering. Right?
Fortunately, it’s possible to prepare a hearty and healthy sauce in just a fraction of the time, enabling you to get a delicious and well-balanced meal on the table in just minutes.
This Quick and Easy Zucchini Pasta with Lentil Marinara is one of my favorite go-to recipes on my busiest days.
The sauce comes together so quickly and is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fat. If you’re new to spiralizing, I think you’ll love the zucchini noodles. They’re the perfect substitute for traditional pasta. You can spiralize the zucchini in less time than it takes to boil pasta, and they’re not only more nutritious, they’ll keep you from feeling weighed down after your meal as well.
Give this lentil marinara a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized using the spaghetti blade and trimmed as desired
- 1 jar of your favorite organic marinara sauce
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Pour marinara sauce into a medium sauce pan. Add cooked lentils and chia seeds and stir to combine. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat.
- When lentil marinara is heated through, remove from heat.
- Top zucchini noodles with the lentil marinara and sprinkle with fresh basil if desired.
I prefer the zucchini noodles raw, but if warm noodles are desired, warm them while the sauce is simmering as follows: place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Once the oil heats, add the spiralized zucchini noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes until zucchini noodles are al dente.
Leftovers will keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator - perfect for lunch the next day.
Note: this post contains affiliate links.