Homemade Larabars have become a staple in our diet, and these homemade Snickerdoodle Larabars are one of our favorite varieties.
They come together with just a few ingredients and are so quick and easy to make. My boys pack one in their lunch boxes every day, and often grab one for a healthy on the go snack when they head out for practices and games.
Homemade Larabars taste so much better than the packaged ones, and I love that I can easily bump up the protein content by adding a scoop of our favorite protein powder.
Best of all, the flavor variations are endless. Our homemade Larabars are vegan and gluten-free, and you can easily make them nut-free by swapping the nuts for your favorite seeds.
I think you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to make these healthy and delicious bars, and hope you love them as much as we do!
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until the dough sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Note: if the mixture is a bit dry, add a few drops of water at a time until the ingredients come together.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, using the bottom of a measuring cup or pastry roller to smooth the dough if needed.
- Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer, cut into 12 equal bars, and place in an airtight container. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, whichever you prefer.