Curried Lentil Salad: One of Our Favorite Summer Meals
Curried Lentil Salad is one of our favorite summer meals. It’s fresh, light, and a great use of the cucumbers from our CSA basket. Best of all, it is the perfect meal for days when we’re out all afternoon and in need of a nutritious meal when we return home.
This salad can easily be prepared early in the day, and go straight from refrigerator to table in just minutes when you walk through the door.
A healthy, nutritious, kid-friendly and delicious dinner that is packed with protein and can be on the table in minutes? That’s my idea of a perfect meal!
- 1 1/2 cups french green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Simmer lentils in water uncovered until tender, 20-30 minutes; drain excess water and set lentils aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine cooled lentils, celery, cucumber, raisins, onion and cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, curry powder, salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over lentil and vegetable mixture and stir to combine
- Cover and chill prior to serving
What is your go-to, favorite summer meal? Please share in the comments below!