Cranberry Orange Zucchini Pasta
Have you hopped on the spiralizing bandwagon yet? If not, it’s time. Spiralizing is so easy, and is a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your diet. And if you’re looking for a twist on the standard zucchini pasta dish, Cranberry Orange Zucchini Pasta is a great place to start.
I have my sister to thank for the inspiration for this recipe. She recently came to visit and caught us in week two of zucchini season. I served grilled zucchini one evening, and during dinner she happened to mention her favorite way to eat zucchini.
I’m on a continual quest to find new ways to use the zucchini I receive in my weekly CSA basket, because one of my boys (who will remain nameless) is not a fan of zucchini. He’ll eat it, but not without a small side of eye-rolling and commentary. And let’s be honest … I like to avoid that whenever I can.
Her recipe sounded delicious. And most importantly, it sounded like something he just might like. It called for thinly sliced zucchini, but I thought he might be more open to spiralized noodles instead, so I went ahead and made that small change and added walnuts for a boost of protein.
And do you know what? He ate it.
With minimal fanfare.
I’ll take that as a win.
I hope you score as well as we do. And I’d love to hear about your favorite zucchini recipes, too. Because I know I have lots of zucchini coming my way, and I love to mix things up.
What are your favorite ways to use zucchini?
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized using the spaghetti blade
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small oranges, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add the spiralized zucchini noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes until zucchini noodles begin to soften.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Add zest and juice of oranges, dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.