Chewy Oat and Cacao Energy Bars
My boys love these homemade, no-bake Chewy Oat and Cacao Energy Bars. I don’t make them often, but when I do, they always disappear quickly.
These no-bake bars are slightly sweet and are a nutritional powerhouse. Filled with nutrient-dense seeds and topped with antioxidant-packed cacao nibs, these bars are the perfect substitute for highly processed, store-bought granola bars. They come together quickly, provide an instant boost of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, and are super portable.
I hope you love them as much as we do.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup raw cacao nibs
- Line a 9-inch square cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except for the cacao nibs) and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the brown rice syrup and sunflower butter until well combined. Cook over medium heat until the mixture softens and bubbles slightly, then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the sunflower butter mixture over the oat mixture, and stir well with a large wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the cacao nibs, reserving a few to sprinkle on top once the mixture is in the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Flatten the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Place the pan in the freezer, uncovered, and chill for 10 minutes.
- Lift the oat square out of the pan, place it on a cutting board, and use a pizza roller (or a serrated knife) to slice the square into 12 equal bars.
- Place the bars in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.