Cashew Ranch Dressing
This dairy-free ranch dressing is quick and easy to prepare and is an excellent replacement for store bought dressings that contain toxic ingredients including vegetable oils, chemicals, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and food dyes. Learn more on why you should ditch conventional salad dressings here.
In addition to being a much healthier option, this cashew ranch dressing is also a much more balanced option, as the cashews and olive oil provide a significant boost of protein and healthy fats.
This cashew ranch is amazing on salads, and is the perfect dip for raw vegetables. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked - see below)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Place cashews, water and 1 teaspoon sea salt in a glass bowl and cover with a clean cloth; soak for at least 4 hours (or overnight), then rinse well and drain
- Place all ingredients except for the parsley and dill in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Scrape the sides of the blender and blend again
- Add parsley and dill to the blender and mix by hand with a spatula until throughly combined
- Transfer dressing to an air-tight container and chill before serving
- Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week