Berry Blast (Zucchini!) Smoothie
For the past few weeks, I’ve had a produce drawer bursting with zucchini. You too?
I’ve been busy grilling it, baking zucchini bread and zucchini muffins, and making zucchini pizza bites. Want to know my latest trick? Adding it to our smoothies.
Zucchini is very mild in flavor and is easy to hide … my boys had no idea it was in there until I told them.
Zucchini is rich in health-boosting carotenoids and antioxidants, including manganese and Vitamin C. It supports eye health, is anti-inflammatory, provides anti-cancer benefits, and helps regulate blood sugar.
Because many of the most important antioxidants are found in the skin and seeds, I recommend buying organic and including the entire zucchini in your recipe.
The recipe below is one of our favorites. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I’d love to hear about your favorite uses for zucchini as well!
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 zucchini (skin, seeds and flesh included)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Scrub the zucchini and rinse with cold water. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!